I know for most of you, running is not your thing, but the other day I came across a helpful post by Christine Luff. In "Seven Secrets of Skinny Runners", she summarized what I think are some generally-accepted basics of healthy living in general. The seven she highlights are:
1. Watch your portion sizes.
2. Eat lots of fiber.
3. Make running a priority (for those of you who do not run, substitute "exercise" for "running.")
4. Spread out your calories.
5. Eat a healthy, filling breakfast.
6. Don't use food as a reward.
7. Get enough sleep.
I'd like to think she picked "skinny" for the title because it was catchy, because being "skinny" is not a worthy goal in and of itself.
You can find the article here.