Monday, November 8, 2010

Winning Yourself

Haile Gebrselassie, known as "The Emperor," is considered by many to be the greatest runner of all time. On Sunday, he announced his retirement from the sport.

Here is a nice clip, in which he discusses "winning yourself."

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack

He once told CNN,
When you believe in something, you believe in yourself as well. I believe in God. I go to a church and pray, not just to pray to God, but at the same time to pray for yourself. Your body is always ready to do what you recommend what you ask it. That's why believing is very important. I am a religious person. I am an orthodox Christian. My family taught me how to pray.(*)
Here he is announcing his retirement, after the 2010 New York City Marathon

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack


_______
*Q & A with Haile Gebrselassie

No comments: