Friday, July 10, 2009

Can the Children in Your Life Find Their Parents?



These children cannot.

* * *
DEAR FRIENDS,

In order to support a project very near to my heart, The Littlest Lamb Orphanage, I plan to attempt the Hamptons Marathon in September.

You may recall that Peter "Mason" Tadros ran a marathon to raise money for the orphans last year.

Some clarification is in order.

Mason or "Mase," as they like to call him, is what you might refer to as an "athlete." I am what you might refer to as a short, insecure middle-eastern man with love handles that just won't quit. Mase completed the marathon in an astounding 3 hours and 6 minutes, finishing in the top 15. Afterwards, he thought it would be a fun idea to drive to Staten Island and participate in a basketball game. If I break my goal of under four hours, I will celebrate with an ice bath and a nice cup of herbal tea. This is going to hurt. It is already hurting. Soothe my pain. Be nice. Give us some your money. Thank you.

Here's how you can share your blessings with our precious children of Egypt. You may choose one or more of the following donation options:

1. per mile (it is a 26.2 mile race);

2. a lump sum based on whether I hit my goal of under four hours; or

3. a lump sum based on whether I even finish at all.

Please go here to share any bit you can.

I have no doubt that there are many demands on your finances these days, but may I humbly suggest that these are the times when our generosity and trust in God are the most beautiful?

Thank you very much and may God bless you and the children in your life.

With love,

Nader

No comments: